Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Summer Update

Hey everyone,

I hope you all are having a lovely break so far. I, personally, have done nothing but read and drink. And travel a bit. It's been excellent.

Anyways, as you go about the warmer months, I have a couple of updates for things to come.

1. I have added several more awesome secular and political blogs to our list on the right. You really should check all of them out; I think there are a lot of varied and fascinating views represented now.

2. I am currently putting together my plan for our operations next school year, relating to who I want to bring in next year as guest speakers, event ideas, and my general philosophy as to what I think our aims should be. I am going to write a blog post sometime in the next week or so codifying this, especially regarding our values and activism.

However, this will be a post about my opinions; I want everyone who is involved with DAFT, regardless the level of your involvement, to help shape the direction of the group next year. So, if you know of someone you want to come speak to us, or want to do something new or make an existing idea better, PLEASE talk to me or someone else on the executive board! I am out of town until the 5th, but I would love to exchange ideas via e-mail or the phone until then. My personal e-mail is atripp277@gmail.com; if you want my phone, send me a message and I'll reply with the number.

3. If you haven't already noticed, DePaul has enabled the replacement for Demon Direct, which is now called OrgSync. Please go to the website and register as a member of DAFT on there. Just like last year, our membership numbers on OrgSync will have a big say in what kind of SAF-B funding we can receive. You can do this at https://orgsync.com/cas/depaul-university. We will pester you mercilessly until this happens, so please do it sooner rather than later!

That's all I have for now, but there will be more in the next few weeks. Continue to enjoy your time off, or if you haven't started to do it yet, get with the game.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment