Here are the remainder of the DAFT meetings for the year so you can mark them in your calendars. See you at our next meeting!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
On February 11th, DAFT hosted a fundraiser party for our awesome members and their friends. This "Secular Social" managed to raise $50 for the organization and provided a great time for everyone to hang out in a casual, off-campus setting. This cocktail-attire-required soiree featured homemade hors d'oeuvres by our lovely secretary Danielle, a graffiti wall, and a burlesque performance by your gracious president. Thanks and much love to everyone who came out. Stay tuned when SecSo 2 gets it poppin' in the spring quarter! You know what it is!
Hello heathens. Here is an update of everything we discussed at our general meeting February 9, 2011:
- Planning for the faculty discussion panel on Raising a Religious Family are still underway. Peg Birmingham is confirmed to represent the philosophy department, which means we need more four professors. Please speak to any DePaul faculty members you think might be interested in being involved!
- Arthur updated the look of the blog. We are always interested in guest editorials from members. If you want to write for the blog, e-mail Arthur at email@example.com.
- In the spring, we will be bringing PB&J with the SSA back, so keep your spring schedules in mind. We will need people to staff the tables and look awesome.
- DAFT would like to bring another guest speaker in the spring. We want to know who you'd like to see, so please check out the SSA Speakers Bureau and let us know your recommendations by commenting on this post.
- We are hoping to do two major events in the spring: one social event for community building and one service-oriented event to benefit JumpStart. Our service event is going to be a secular carnival on the Quad, with possible activities including face painting, "Stone a Heathen" (with water balloons), and photos with religious figures. Ideas for the Social event included a movie night, a barbeque/picnic, an outdoor movie night, a card night/casino night, and a Freaks 'n Geeks marathon. Spring Quarter will also see our second Secular Social, the guaranteed-to-be-epic SecSo2 (or 'Sexo Dos,' if you're dirty like me).